Members of NX Division Games are to be treated with dignity and respect at all times. This is our Prime Directive.
A Player is defined as a member of an NX Division Game. To become a Player, a writer must:
- Create a Player Character (PC), which will be considered the property of the player.
- A PC must be appropriate and realistic for the game that they have joined, which will be determined by the Game Master (GM) and/or their designees.
- A PC rank is at the discretion and approval of the GM and/or their designee.
- A PC Species is at the discretion and approval of the GM and/or their designee.
- Be an active participant in the game that they have joined.
- The Player agrees to post under the agreed upon posting schedule of their group and will follow the posting format for the game.
- A Player can expect to be given opportunities to be involved in the storyline.
- The Player will be a team player and will collaborate to provide a rewarding experience.
- Players will allow other Players to be part of the story.
- Players will avoid metagaming, which is writing about situations or scenarios their PC was not part of or would not have knowledge of.
- Players will follow the responsibilities of the role their character plays.
- A Player will seek clarification if they are unclear on a game topic.
- PCs have a right to disagree with a direction, but should not allow their disagreement to become insubordinate.
- Players will support the Game Manager.
- A Player may openly discuss the game with the GM and receive feedback on how the game is progressing.
- A Player can speak with their GM about the story their PC or NPC is involved in, the path the Player would like to take, and receive direction.
- A Player agrees upon joining to not be disruptive to their game or the organization.
- A Player will not attack or degrade neither another Player nor their PC to others.
- A Player will not attack or degrade their GM or their Game to others.
- A Player will not attack or degrade NX Division or its affiliated memberships to others.
- A Player recognizes that harassment of others will not be tolerated under any circumstance.
- NX Division and its member games reserve the right to remove any Player for verified harassment with or without warning.
- In cooperation with the GM, a Player may develop Non Player Characters (NPC)s to assist with storylines.
- NPCs may be classified as property of the Game with the agreement of both Player and GM.
- NPC rank is at the discretion and approval of the GM and/or their designee.
- In cooperation with the GM, a Player may develop side storylines for their PCs and NPCs.
- A Player may request a Leave of Absence (LOA) from the game.
- LOA provides safeguards for a PC in the event of Player emergency or other reason and may be for a period agreed upon by Player and GM.
- Extended Leave of Absence (ELOA) may be approved at GM discretion for a long-term absence.
- Players may utilize the Grievance and Discharge Process.
- A Player may bring concerns to the Command Team of NX Division for remediation at any time.
- Any concern received will be responded to within 48 hours with both parties having an opportunity to state their side in a situation.
- The Game Manager is considered the final authority on any complaint received and no further remediation process may be attempted following a ruling by the Game Manager. Players agree to accept the decision of the Game Manager.
- A Player may choose to leave NX Division and/or its member games at any time.
- A Player may return to the game, with GM approval, if they left in good standing.
- At no time will a PC of a Player be killed off in response to a Player leaving a game, unless approved by the Player.
A GM can dismiss a Player from their game.
- Dismissal from the game is considered final and may not be appealed.
- Dismissal from the game can be with or without cause.
- At no time will a PC of a Player be killed off or ownership of a character transferred in response to a Player being dismissed from a game, unless approved or requested by the Player.
A Player agrees through accepting membership that the Player's relationship with an NX Division game can be terminated by either the Player of Game Manager for any reason, at any time, with or without prior notice and with or without cause.
By accepting membership within an NX Division game, the player agrees to follow the above guidelines.
Game Manager's Guidelines
A Game Manager is the leader of a game within NX Division and is the final authority on their game. To become a Game Manager the following criteria must be met:
- Create a game, which will be considered the property of the Game Manager.
- The GM will develop the game’s premise, define the setting/timeframe, determine player/posting criteria, and the rating of the game.
- The GM will determine whether additional management support is needed and designate a Command Team.
- The GM will work to recruit and retain quality talent for their game.
- The GM will develop advertisements and will post them as appropriate.
- The GM will review candidates and may approve the applicant for full or provisional membership or may deny the membership.
- Full Membership indicates that the Player has been granted full membership of the game and is an active participant.
- Provisional Membership occurs when a Player has been granted membership, but with additional guidelines that can be used to determine if a Player is allowed to stay with the group or will be denied membership after a set period of time if conditions are not met.
- Denied Membership indicates that a Player Character does not meet minimum criteria for membership or is precluded from membership.
Create a Player Character (PC), which will be considered the property of the GM.
- A GM has discretion over the approval of their PC.
- A GM may create additional PC or Non Player Characters (NPC).
- A GM has the discretion to assign PC and NPC rank.
When a game is active, the GM oversees the operations of the game.
- The GM will develop missions/storylines and ensure that the narrative progresses.
- The GM may transfer control over the storyline to the Command Team to help with skill development.
The GM will work with their Players and provide direction as needed.
- The GM will clearly identify their expectations from the Players and for the Game.
- The GM will develop opportunities for all Players and Roles to be actively involved in a storyline.
- The GM will encourage players to create stories to develop their character.
- The GM will review side story requests and can approve, deny, or postpone such requests.
- The GM will maintain open lines of communication with their Players.
- The GM and a Player may develop Non Player Characters (NPC)s.
- If the NPCs is created with Player assistance, it may be classified as property of the Game with Player’s permission.
- The GM will review NPC characters prior to implementation and may assign the rank of the character; however, rank may not exceed the PC's rank.
- The GM takes responsibility for the overall morale of the game.
- The GM agrees to submit Players for appropriate awards within NX Division, affiliated organizations, and the community.
The Game Manager oversees the Grievance and Discharge Process.
- When a complaint is received the Game Manager will address it within 48 hours.
- The GM may designate another person to oversee the grievance process and make a final decision based upon the information received. The designee could be:
- Another Game Manager
- The 16th Fleet Personnel Committee
- The 16th Fleet Advisory Committee
- The final decision regarding any grievance rests with the Game Manager of the game, cannot be appealed or further grieved, and the Player agrees to abide by the decision made.
- The Game Manager reserves the right to remove a Player from the game.
- Dismissal may be for violation of game guidelines, lack of participation within the game, disruptive attitude or actions, or related disruptive action.
- Unless the action leading to dismissal is egregious and causes disruption to the game and its operations, the GM will discuss any concern that could lead to dismissal with the Player privately before a decision to dismiss is made.
- The GM will inform the Player privately regarding their dismissal and not in public.
- The GM will arrange the return of any character related files belonging to the Player and agrees not to continue to utilize any Player owned characters without the consent of the Player owning the character.
- NPC characters made for the game may continue to be utilized.
- The decision to dismiss a Player is considered final, may not be appealed, and is not subject to any further remediation.
By accepting membership within an NX Division game, the Player agrees to follow the above guidelines regarding the role of the Game Manager.