Timeline of Events
Created by Commodore Dazad on Sat Jun 18th, 2022 @ 6:18pm
2379 - 2380Please Note:To view the entire, canon timeline of the Star Trek Universe please visit Memory Alpha.
- A coup takes place on Romulus and Shinzon declares himself Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire.
- The shuttlecraft Argo is tested for the first time on Kolarus III. One of Dr. Noonian Soong's prototypes, B-4, is discovered on the planet.
- The USS Quito conducts first contact with the Galardonians.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise are sent on a diplomatic mission to Romulus by Admiral Kathryn Janeway.
- The Female Changeling is sentenced for crimes committed against sentient beings and committed to the Federation maximum security facility at Ananke Alpha.
- The Battle of the Bassen Rift occurs in which the USS Enterprise is severely damaged, Praetor Shinzon is killed, and Lieutenant Commander Data is lost.
- The Romulan government falls into disarray following the death of Praetor Shinzon with Tal'aura is now the self-appointed Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire, supported by Fleet Commander Tomalak, but opposed by Commander Donatra.
- After the death of Shinzon, diplomatic efforts between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire continue, led by the USS Titan.
- The Remans demand their own colony on which Remans may settle and live independently, but are met with resistance from Tal'aura.
- The crew of the USS Cerritos are infected with the Galardonian Rage Virus.
- Romulan forces begin a blockade of Remus.
- The Federation funds the Andak project, which aims to terraform the Cardassia Prime into an environment that can support sufficient crops to feed its population. The proposal is met with resistance from several Cardassian organizations but supported by the Cardassian government.
- Romulan militant group the Empty Crown attempts to coup the government, but is stopped by the intervention of the Hazard Team and the Enterprise-E.
- The Starfleet Corps of Engineers successfully implode a deteriorating moon in orbit of Mixtus III.
- Fleet Admiral Victor Bordson had been made the Commander-in-Chief of the Federation Starfleet.
- The Vesta Class Starship is commissioned.
- Starfleet begins a major refit project for the Challenger Class.
- The Pakleds launch an unprovoked attack upon the USS Solvang and later the USS Cerritos, which leads to open conflict between the Federation and the Pakleds.
- Ro Laren surrenders herself to Starfleet authorities, pleads guilty to charges of desertion and defection to the Maquis, and is ordered to serve time at a penal facility on Earth.
2381 - 2390
- The United Federation of Planets offers humanitarian aid to both Romulus and Remus following discovery that the Romulan star will become a supernova within the next decade.
- The first two Odyssey Class Starships are launched from San Francisco Fleet Yards for testing.
- The Pakleds take over the Varuvian mining colony on Karzill IV.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard is appointed by Starfleet to lead the Federation's response to the supernova threatening the Romulan Star Empire with the rank of Admiral. Despite this, the Praetor Tal'Aura refuses the offered help on a widescale and limits Federation access.
- The Bajoran Coalition petitions both the Federation Council and the Klingon High Council to assist with the extradition of several Cardassian government and military officials to stand trial for crimes during the Bajoran Occupation and the Dominion War.
- The crew of the USS Aventine investigate the wreckage of the Columbia NX-02.
- Starfleet shipyards begin construction of the Wallenberg Class transports to assist with the Romulan Relocation Effort.
- Starfleet dispatches a diplomatic team to the Pakled Homeworld to negotiate a cease fire.
- The Kessok refuse a request from the Federation Council for the specifications of Kessok Solar Former technology, but do agree to assist with terraforming of four planetary systems in the Maelstrom for colonization.
- Ambassador Spock presents a formal request for assistance for the Romulan/Vulcan Reunification Movement to the Federation Council.
- The sentient supercomputer AGIMUS is taken to the Daystrom Institute for study.
- Commander Donatra and her military forces conquer several agricultural worlds in Romulan space, declaring herself the first empress of the Imperial Romulan State.
- The Ross Class Starship is commissioned.
- The Pakled Homeworld is destroyed by a Varuvian Bomb. Captain Carol Freeman is implicated in the attack and arrested by Starfleet Security.
- The Federation A500 model synthetic laborer is commissioned to assist with construction efforts at Federation shipyards.
- Praetor Tal'Aura, facing agricultural and energy crises in addition to the pending supernova, agrees to Federation humanitarian support.
- The Romulan Senate is reformed. Their first act is to restrict access to information regarding the pending supernova.
- Admiral Owen Paris of Starfleet Research and Development orders that the U.S.S. Voyager Doctor's mobile emitter be taken to the Starfleet facility on Galor IV for study.
- Captain Carol Freeman is exonerated from charges related to the destruction of Pakled Planets after it is revealed the Pakleds destroyed their own world.
- Federation Quantum Slipstream blueprints are stolen by unknown agents.
- The Doctor files a lawsuit over orders that his mobile emitter be taken to the Starfleet facility on Galor IV for study; the office of the Judge Advocate General issues an injunction against the transfer until the case can be studied further.
- The Federation's Romulan Relocation Effort transports colonists from Ectis II to Arnath, finding less than favorable accommodations for the colonists.
- Several high ranking Cardassian officials, many of whom were implicated by the Bajoran Coalition, vanish from Cardassia Prime.
- The Klingon Empire launches raids of Romulan territory and capture several worlds located in the Khitomer Sector.
- The Federation Council tables the resolution for support of the Romulan/Vulcan Reunification effort.
- The Federation Council protests the design of the Romulan Colony on Arnath to the Romulan Senate; however, Federation Representatives are told that the refugees are no longer the Federation's concern once delivered.
- Starfleet Intelligence successfully recovers stolen Quantum Slipstream plans from the Breen Confederacy.
- Colonists evacuate Pilatus Prime following severe seismic activity.
- Against orders of Starfleet Command and the Federation Council, Admiral Picard transports Romulan refugees to the Federation Colony on Torrassa.
- Federation scientist, Doctor Amal Safadi, publishes finding that the Romulan supernova will be more widespread than initially reported with several worlds planned as havens also being destroyed.
- Praetor Tal'aura imposes limits on replicator use and food rationing on Romulus in an attempt to preserve resources.
- The Romulans, protesting the actions of the Romulan Relocation Effort, assign a Romulan Cultural Liaison to represent the Romulan government in colonial development efforts.
- The Federation Starship USS Protostar is discovered by prisoners of the Tars Lemora Prison Colony.
- The Cardassian government signs a new agreement with the Federation for humanitarian relief.
- A Borg Cube, which would later be known as the Artifact, assimilates 2 Tal'Shiar vessels. This leads to a submatrix collapse and the Cube is disabled in Romulan territory.
- The Federation Council develops an oversight committee, led by Councilor Olivia Quest, to monitor the Romulan Relocation Effort.
- Several days of rioting occur in Ki Baratan - capital of Romulus - due to resource shortages. The Romulan military intervenes, resulting in 2,000 deaths.
- Praetor Tal'aura is granted emergency privileges by the Romulan Senate.
- Reconstruction of Lakarian City begins.
- Starfleet experiments with a near-instantaneous transporter; however, test subjects suffer from side-effects and the technology is returned for further investigation.
- Ambassador Spock returns to Romulus and resumes the Unification movement's operations there.
- Several Klingon High Council members demand that Chancellor Martok banish all Federation ambassadors from Klingon space due to the Federation Council voting to censure the Klingon Empire over the invasion of the Khitomer Sector.
- The Oralians start to hold services openly and seek followers among the Cardassian population, both of which were previously outlawed by the Cardassian Union.
- Romulan Star Empire forces engage the forces of the Imperial Romulan State at Xanitla. The Romulan Star Empire is defeated in combat with several vessels defecting during the conflict.
- Councilor Qolka challenges (and subsequently loses) a duel of honor to the death against Chancellor Martok.
- Following the work of Doctor Amal Safadi becoming more popular and publicized, the Romulan Star Empire threatens war against the United Federation of Planets.
- The Romulan Star Empire locates the Borg Cube Artifact and establishes the Romulan Reclamation Site.
- Federation analysts predict that the Romulan Star Empire is vulnerable to internal and external attacks due to the shakeup in the Romulan power structure. Starfleet dispatches additional ships to the Neutral Zone border in addition to the vessels of the relocation effort.
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway begins her search for Chakotay and the USS Protostar.
- The Romulan Qowat Milat, a sect of warrior nuns, partner with Federation forces assisting in the evacuation of Romulan worlds.
- The IKS Quv is destroyed by a Gorn vessel.
- Praetor Tal'aura removes Tomalak from his position as proconsul. Sela is chosen to succeed him as her right hand and fleet commander. Tomalak is allowed to retire to his rural estates on Romulus.
- The Federation evacuates the residents of Inxtis to Vashti.
- Tal'aura reluctantly agrees to negotiations with Empress Donatra's Imperial Romulan Senate to determine the location of a neutral zone, but rejects the Federation's offer to mediate the talks.
- Domo Brex is given a vote of no confidence and replaced by the Breen Pran.
- Odo, acting as the Great Link's ambassador to the solids, meets with Laas on Koralis III. Odo invites Laas to return with him to the Great Link, but his offer is refused, and Laas instead chooses to continue his search for more of the "hundred" changelings in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.
- Bajor's renewed application for membership within the Federation is accepted.
- Tal'aura is found dead in her chambers. Tal Shiar investigations reveal that the praetor was attacked in her sleep. Many groups on Romulus are accused of the crime, including: an alliance of the noble houses; the Tal Shiar; and agents working for Empress Donatra (who denies any involvement in the murder). At Tal'aura's funeral, Sela publicly blames the Remans and the Unification movement for the assassination.
- Chancellor Martok expels all Gorn diplomats from the Klingon Empire and deploys Klingon warships to the Gorn Border.
- The Federation Colonial Administration successfully terraforms Nepenthe for Federation colonization.
- While evacuating Nimbus III, the Romulan Tal'Shiar order Starfleet forces to withdraw and many Romulan citizens are killed.
- Starfleet transfers the Soong-type android B-4 to the custody of the Soong Foundation at the Daystrom Institute in the hopes that his full positronic functioning can be restored.
- Former Tal Shiar leader Chulan is elected as Praetor.
- Romulus begins to experience severe climate change.
- Several Federation worlds threaten secession due to belief that Federation resources and authority focus more on the core worlds than the frontier.
- Worf resigns his commission in Starfleet, serving in a diplomatic role to ease the tensions between Klingons and the Federation.
- Remans are granted Romulan citizenship for the first time.
- The Enterprise is recalled to Utopia Planitia Shipyards for an extensive refit.
- The Romulans, growing desperate, ask for the Federation's assistance in evacuating Vejuro to Vashti.
- Compromised synthetics launch an attack on Mars, setting the planet ablaze and destroying the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards as well as a rescue armada which was under construction there and intended for Romulus.
- The Klingon Empire announces that all non-Klingons must leave Khitomer within 14 standard days as a "safety measure". Ambassador Worf convinces Chancellor Martok to extend the deadline and a contingent of ships to assist in the evacuation of former residents to Federation colonies.
- Starfleet abandons its plans to aid the Romulan evacuation, a decision leading Admiral Jean-Luc Picard to resign his commission.
- Beverly Crusher accepts the position of captain of the USS Pasteur, an Olympic-class medical starship. Her first task is to assist with the Cardassia Prime rebuilding efforts.
- The Daystrom Institute believes they are close to unlocking the "Data matrix," which is the entire personality and being of Data, who had transferred this information into B-4 before his death in the Battle of Bassen Rift.
- Geordi La Forge requests a long-term leave of absence from Starfleet to work on personal projects, including plans to build and test his own starship designs, following the destruction of Utopia Planitia.
- Synthetic lifeforms and research are banned within the Federation.
- Starfleet Command dismantles its Borg task force after several years of no Borg activity in Federation space.
- The Federation-Cardassian Treaty is signed and the Cardassian military decommissioned. In return, Bajor drops its demand to prosecute Cardassian war criminals.
- The Tal'Shiar arrest dozens of nobles and seize their assets after reports indicate that agents loyal to a coalition of noble houses ordered the death of Praetor Tal'Aura.
- King Slathis of the Gorn takes the throne after the death of his father.
- The Remans are offered the planet Crateris, the site of a failed Romulan colony, as a new homeworld due to the pending supernova. While the climate is harsh, it is a vast improvement of Remus and is rich in dilithium, decalithium and heavy metals.
- Odo meets with Lamat'Ukan, First of the Alpha Jem'Hadar, asking him to return to the Gamma Quadrant. He refuses, calling Odo a false god.
- Several skirmishes and battles between the Klingons and Gorn occur along their mutual border.
- Starfleet Command ceases exploratory operations in the Maelstrom.
- Starbase 12 is rechristened as Deep Space 12.
- Sela defends the nobel houses of Romulus and sways the Senate to cut funding to the Tal'Shiar, accusing the Tal'Shiar of knowing about the plot against Praetor Tal'Aura but doing nothing to stop it.
- Having been captured and taken to Vergessen, Lieutenant Icheb is stripped for his Borg components by Bjayzl, and subsequently mercy killed by Seven of Nine.
- Sela is accused in the murder of Admiral Rehaek, the lead investigator into the death of Praetor Tal'Aura, and is sentenced to death for the murder, but is later sentenced to exile.
- Civil unrests take place on Ferenginar after reforms initiated by Grand Nagus Rom to introduce tax-funded free schools. The protests dissipate when Rom introduces a charge for protest permits, which then fund the educational system.
- A Klingon fleet bombards Gila VI.
- Gul Madred begins mining operations in the Shahr System.
- Through joint treaty, signed by Romulan Praetor Chulan and Federation President Nanietta Bacco, the Borg Artifact Research Insitute is established on the Borg Cube known as the Artifact.
- The Federation Starship Titan and the Romulan Starship Othrys assisted the Jazari following an industrial accident that threatened the safety of Sector 743-D.
- Ambassador Spock meets with the Romulan Senate regarding the threat posed by the Romulan Supernova. Spock asks the senate to work with Vulcan, but they reject the plan.
- Hassan the Undying assassinates Raimus, opening the way for Hassan's employer, Melani D'ian, to take over the Orion Syndicate.
- The Memory Alpha Special Archives Office published ten maps that, together, represent a multifaceted view of known space.
- Ambassadors Spock and Picard appeal to the Vulcan Science Academy to provide the Romulans with assistance, but they decline. Spock and Picard agree to make their own plans to help the Romulans.
- Sela takes command of a fleet of ships and leaves Romulan territory.
- IRW. Valdore reports a disturbance equivalent to a force seven ion storm. Shortly after, contact is lost.
- The Romulan Senate orders a planetary evacuation. However, it will take six weeks to clear the remaining Romulans on Romulus. 26 hours later, the supernova occurs with the resulting chain reaction destroying Romulus and Remus along with billions of lives.
- Despite their earlier withdrawal of support, Starfleet orders all available ships to cross the Neutral Zone and assist the Romulans, establishing an outpost in the Chiron System to coordinate relief efforts.
- Grand Nagus Rom presents a bill to formally ally Ferenginar with the Federation. Conservative forces see the Federation as an assault on Ferengi values and the bill fails after several members are paid to vote against it.
- Starfleet and Klingon forces are attacked by Romulan forces led by Nero, who is commanding a heavily modified mining vessel that incorporates technologies recovered from the Romulan Reclamation Site.
- The USS Nobel finds the bodies of Praetor Chulan and the leaders of the Senate floating in space near a derelict shuttle.
- Alpha Jem'Hadar take control of Devos II to establish a base near a former Dominion Ketracel White facility. Starfleet sends the USS Stargazer to investigate but decides to take no action as long as the Alpha Jem'Hadar remain peaceful.
- Geordi La Forge brings the Jellyfish, an experimental ship equipped with trans-metaphasic shielding designed to withstand conditions that would destroy most other ships, to Vulcan. He agrees to let Spock pilot it to Hobus in order to create a singularity with Red Matter and collapse the supernova before it destroys more worlds. En route, Spock was intercepted by Nero.
- According to sensor reports from the USS Enterprise, Spock succeeded in containing the Hobus supernova, ending the threat to the quadrant. Starfleet believes that both the Spock and Nero were lost.
- Rashana Colony gains independence from the Romulan Star Empire, several other worlds follow.
- The Federation assists Cardassia with dismantling their military. They will use a smaller fleet internally and coordinate with the Federation on external threats.
- The Federation and most of its allies agree to send aid to the Romulans but find themselves negotiating individually with worlds who have conflicting reactions. The Klingon Empire refuses to provide any assistance.
- With the loss of the capital world, Preator Chulan, the senate leadership and Donatra; there is no one person who has the authority to organize a new government.
- The leadership council of Rator III declares itself the new senate and capital of the Romulan Star Empire. This is quickly challenged by the leaders of Achernar Prime and Abraxas V.
- Admiral Kathryn Janeway conducts the first scientific survey of the supernova.
- Hardliners, led by J'mpok, demand retaliation against both the Romulans and the Federation for the Klingon fleet destroyed by Nero. Martok refuses to take any action against the Federation or Romulans due to strained relations.
- The Federation Council opens an investigation into the claims and also the implications of the Vulcan Science Academy's Red Matter research.
- Taris makes a bid to unify the empire and orders every single Romulan ship back to Romulan space.
- Martok discusses a treaty with the Orions, whose homeworld is now completely depleted of resources and face increasing Federation crackdowns on their activities.
- A Federation attempt to organize a conference to agree new leadership of the Romulan Star Empire fails when the Romulans can't agree where the meeting should take place.
- The Klingon Empire attacks several worlds in Gorn space.
- The Detapa Council is reestablished as the government body of the Cardassian Union. In their first democratic elections, Elim Garak's civilian coalition wins out over hardliners calling for an end to the treaty with the Federation.
- The Federation Council criticizes the Vulcan Science Academy for not informing the Federation about their Red Matter research.
- Klingons forces invade former Romulan territory, capturing the Tranome Sar and Nequencia Systems before their advance is halted by a Federation fleet sent to guard the Romulan-Klingon border.
- The Cardassian Union deploys six ships to aid the Federation recovery efforts to the Romulans; however, this proves controversial.
- Skirmishes between Federation and Romulan ships take place.
- The Collected Stories by Jake Sisko wins the Betar Prize.
- The Doctor succeeds in getting his lawsuit for control of his mobile emitter expanded into a class-action suit on behalf of all sentient artificial lifeforms.
- The Gorn ally with the Nausicaans to respond to the Klingons' attacks.
- Cardassian Gul Madred begins building mining operations in the Alpha Quadrant.
- The House of B'vat slays Aakan of the House of Mo'Kai, leadung Chancellor Martok to formally dissolve the House of Mo'Kai.
- Holoprojectors become standard equipment on Starfleet vessels, allowing for holographic crew members.
- Several Romulan colonies begin to develop loose alliances and rivalries but are no closer to unifying.
- Civilian shipping and settlements are attacked by Nausicaans along the Klingon-Gorn border.
- The USS Ibn Majid encounters a ship in the Vayt sector carrying two synthetic passengers, the passengers are killed and the Captain, Alonzo Vandermeer, commits suicide.
- Talvath requests Federation protection and begins talks that could lead to Federation membership.
- Scientists on the USS Pasteur and at the Cardassian Ministry of Science find a possible cure for Yarmin Fel Syndrome.
- The Federation Merchant Marine petitions Starfleet to increase patrols near the Klingon/Gorn Border; however, this is refused as it would be seen as a hostile act by the Klingons.
- The Detapa Council attempt to expand civil liberties and the economy.
- Admiral Taris organizes a new Romulan Star Navy.
- The Klingon Empire withdraws some forces from the Romulan incursion back to Klingon territory.
- The Federation offers to mediate peace talks between the Klingons and the Gorn; however, talks collapse when Martok demands the Federation remove its ships from the Klingon-Romulan border.
- Enterprise detects evidence of multiple quantum singularities in the McAllister C-5 Nebula that correspond to those of Species 8472.
- Starfleet vessel production has been restored to levels seen prior to the Federation Day Massacre.
- Holo-novel publishers seek to prevent the class-action suit seeking holographic rights, arguing that appearing sentient does not automatically mean a hologram is sentient.
2391 - 2399
- Starfleet reduces their number of vessels assigned to the Romulan-Klingon border at the request of the Federation Transport Union.
- The Federation hosts Klingon, Gorn, and Nausiccan delegations for peace talks at Deep Space K-7; however, an assassination attempt on the Gorn ambassador disrupts the talks with the Klingons being implicated.
- The Klingons renew their assault upon the Gorn Hegemony.
- The Gorn approach the Letheans for support against the Klingons.
- Hardliners in the Klingon Empire push for an invasion of Romulan territory, Chancellor Martok refuses their recommendation preferring to rebuild the Klingon Fleet first.
- Several Romulan worlds protest Starfleet reducing their patrols of the borders, but Admiral Taris rallies Romulans to take responsibility for their own defense.
- Cardassia secures Ferengi aid for rebuilding their industry in return for lucrative trade agreements.
- Councilor J'mpok launches an assault upon Romulan territory against the approval of the Klingon High Council.
- Chancellor Martok orders Klingon Intelligence to investigate the Romulan Fleet.
- The Federation Supreme Court rules in favour of the holonovel publishers and returns the case to lower courts to define sentience.
- After several major engagements the Romulan Fleet is able to repel the Klingon invasion. Admiral Taris is soon declared as the new Praetor following her victory.
- A new Romulan Senate is established on Rator III.
- The Soong Foundation launch a new campaign to amend the constitution with rights for artificial life.
- With the possibility of Species 8472 appearing in Federation space, Starfleet Command assigns a task force to investigate.
- Starfleet revises its admission criteria to make it easier for non-Federation citizens to enter Starfleet Academy.
- Photonic activists establish a colony in the Ra'kholh System.
- Nanietta Bacco declines to run for another term as President of the United Federation of Planets. Aennik Okeg is elected President of the United Federation of Planets, becoming the first Saurian ever to hold the Federation presidency.
- The Romulans build a new capital city, Rihan, on Rator III. The first building completed is used to house meetings of the Romulan Colonial Organizational Committee, which was formed under the directions of Admiral Taris.
- President Okeg joins the first Federation-moderated talks on the Klingon-Gorn conflict on Cestus III, led by Ambassador Alexander Rozhenko, hopes that a cease-fire agreement could lead to dealing with the Klingon-Federation trade and defense agreements that are set to expire in 2394.
- The Doctor invents the synaptic transceiver.
- A combined Gorn-Nausicaan fleet attacks the Klingon world of Ogat.
- Gul Madred begins efforts to recruit former Cardassian Military Officials to join his mining interests on Septimus.
- Klingon hardliners push for an all-out invasion of Gorn territory, but Martok urges caution until new warships are launched. J'mpok mocks his caution, encouraging the hardliners.
- The USS Montana is severely damaged by Klingon forces while attempting to stop a battle between Klingon and Gorn warships.
- The Cardassian Detapa Council enacts benefits to families and displaced soldiers, attempting to encourage industrial growth.
- Moderates in the Romulan government suggest the need for a single leadership figure, such as a revival of the monarchy. Taris signals support for the plan, provided the Romulan people are in favor.
- Gul Madred's mining interests produce at high capacity, leading to exports of kelindide and uridium through Ferengi brokers.
- Natima Lang strikes a deal with the Remans to obtain more Dilithium.
- A conflict sparks between Taris and Tebok about the allocation of ships and which regions of Romulan territory to protect as Tebok is willing to sacrifice border colonies to better protect Romulan core worlds.
- Starfleet refuses to release over the Hologram known as "Moriaty". The Soong Foundation files a lawsuit for his release.
- J'mpok becomes Chancellor of the Klingon High Council by killing Martok in an honor duel.
- Tamaria joins the Federation. An institute for linguistic research is built on El-Adrel IV, where Federation and Tamarian scientists will conduct further studies.
- The USS Stargazer makes contact with the Metron Consortium.
- Melani D'ian, leader of the Orion Syndicate, signs an alliance with J'mpok and the Klingon Empire. As a gift she sends 1,500 women to be servants to the Klingon Great Houses.
- Gul Madred contacts the Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar to protect his mining operations, claiming the Cardassian Self Defense Force cannot guarantee security.
- Drex, son of Martok, though rejected by the Arbiter of Succession for not being worthy of his father's mantle, claims the Right of Vengeance and challenges J'mpok for the Chancellorship of the Klingon Empire. J'mpok defeats him and spares his life.
- The Romulan Colonial Organization Committee finishes a new constitution draft, declaring the formation of the Romulan Free State and the establishment of a new Romulan Senate in Rihan on Rator III.
- The first Inquiry Class Starships are commissioned.
- Taris is named Praetor of the Romulan Free State.
- Chancellor J'mpok of the Klingon Empire signs a non-aggression pact with Melani D'ian of the Orion Syndicate.
- The Federation Supreme Court rules that The Doctor is a sentient lifeform and therefore has a right to his mobile emitter, further setting the conditions under which an artificial life-form is considered a sentient being.
- Alexander Rozhenko resigns as Federations ambassador and travels to the monastery on Boreth.
- The colonists of Rhi III vote against joining the Romulan Free State and begin a struggle for independence.
- Ja'rod, son of Lursa, is ambushed by Species 8472 while on shore leave. He kills two and captures a third, and brings it back to his ship for questioning. Ja'rod learns the alien was sent to kill him and take his place.
- Starfleet commissions the Vigilant-class starship.
- The Doctor accepts an assignment on Galor IV to allow Starfleet further examination of the Mobile emitter.
- Vulcans celebrate the 225th anniverary of the completion of work on the rebuilt monastery at P'Jem.
- Relationships between the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans are further eroded when the USS Kelso is revealed to have been lost while testing a prototype Federation Cloaking Device.
- A Bloodfire epidemic ravages Kevratas. Taris orders a three-month full quarantine in the midst of planetary winter. This world is left alone with the lethal, but if treated in a timely fashion, cureable disease.
- Ja'rod becomes captain of the IKS Kang.
- The Nausicaans destroy three Klingon outposts. The KDF responds to the surprise attack by annihilating the Nausicaan starbase in the Orellius IX asteroid belt.
- The Detapa Council finds out about at least 75 warships from the Dominion War and an indeterminable number of weapons having gone missing.
- Starfleet Intelligence seals all records regarding the events aboard the USS Cochrane. Captain T'Vix and two other senior officers had been relieved of their duties. The Cochrane was supposed to monitor the Neutral Zone border.
- Kevratas, abandoned by the Romulan Free State, declares its independence.
- Hassan the Undying returns to the original Orion homeworld in the Rigel System and establishes his main base of operations.
- A third round of peace talks between the Gorn Hegemony and Klingon Empire begins. J'mpok ends the negotiations as the majority of the Klingon High Council favors a declaration of war.
- Praetor Taris orders Tebok, head of the Romulan military, to forcefully end the insurrection on Kevratas.
- J'mpok allies his House with the House of Duras, granting him the support of a majority of Houses in the Klingon High Council. The legitimacy of the House of Duras is restored in the process.
- A settlement is reached between the Romulan Free State and Kevratas, but Taris tries to discharge Tebok as Romulan military leader for refusing to forcefully end the insurrection. The Senate overrules Taris.
- The Reliant Class Starship is commissioned.
- Velal is promoted to command the Romulan Second Fleet by Tebok.
- Toral sabotages the latest peace talks between the Gorn Hegemony and the Klingon Empire, intent on destabilizing Chancellor J'mpok's regime in favor of a new government willing to declare war against the Gorn.
- The Sutherland Class is commissioned.
- Laas and two other changelings join the Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar on Devos II.
- Legislation for dual citizenship is approved by the Federation Council, allowing residents from worlds not members of the Federation to vote without severing ties with their respective homeworlds.
- Starfleet deploys the 1st Devron Heavy Response Squadron, consisting of 30 Inquiry-class vessels assigned to explore vacant space that belonged to the former Romulan Star Empire.
- The Gagarin Class is commissioned.
- The Soong Foundation and others lobby to extend citizen rights to artificial life-forms as well.
- Presidential elections renew Aennik Okeg's tenure for a second term.
- The IKS Kang returns to Qo'noS with evidence the Undine are controlling the Gorn Hegemony and are responsible for the conflict with the Klingon Empire.
- J'mpok declares war on the Gorn after receiving proof of the Undine infiltration of the Gorn Hegemony.
- Starfleet Command, in response to growing resource need, plans to expand operations in the Maelstrom Sector.
- A combined Orion and Klingon fleet invades Gorn space in 2399 and clashes with a Gorn and Nausicaan fleet protecting their key worlds.
- Retired Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, during an interview with the Federation News Network, rebukes Starfleet as having lost its way.
Categories: No categories found